Milk Packs A Healthy Punch
Take a good look inside your refrigerator or cupboard. You just may have a “superhero” stashed away in your home. This superhero does not come dressed in a cape or wearing a disguise, after all with its extensive list of “super powers, milk can proudly show off its true identity.
For decades milk has been a staple in households across the world and all for a good reason, it packs a healthy punch. Check out the ways that milk enriches our lives
- Every serving of milk contains a number of essential nutrients that contribute to a healthy diet. Milk’s powerhouse of nutrients includes potassium, magnesium, phosphorus, protein, calcium and Vitamins A and D.
- Studies show that drinking milk may help lower your blood pressure and reduce the risk of hypertension. The calcium, magnesium and potassium present in milk help maintain healthy blood pressure levels.
- A glass of milk can help with muscle recovery. The protein in milk is vital for recovering tired, damaged muscles.
- For those in need of a good night’s sleep, the protein naturally occurring in milk may improve sleep quality.
- Research has shown that a diet rich in high calcium may reduce the emotional and physical symptoms of Premenstrual Syndrome (PMS) by as much as 50%. Ladies, milk is the ideal PMS comfort “food”.
- Drinking three glasses of milk a day is believed to significantly reduce the risk of fractures, osteoporosis and bone disease.
- Some believe that the secret to beauty can be found in a glass of milk since milk is one of the best sources of the nutrients that help promote and maintain healthy skin, hair and nails.
- Milk can help make the tooth fairy very happy since research has shown that when combined with normal brushing, flossing and frequent oral care, the calcium in milk may reduce the likelihood of cavities.